Finance and Accounting Manager
PowerON supports large-scale electrification projects by providing turnkey solutions encompassing all electrical infrastructure from the electricity grid connection to vehicle chargers, including:
- Infrastructure delivery and project management;
- Operations and maintenance;
- On-site generation, battery storage and back-up power; and,
- Smart charging and energy management.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance & Accounting Manager is accountable for providing leadership to encourage a highly motivated, professional, productive team and to support the Director by providing the daily accounting and business support requirements in support of PowerON Energy Solutions operations. The specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare & maintain monthly financial reporting schedules
- Validate reconciliations of the systems feeding general ledger accounts and ensure supporting schedules are adequate
- Preparation of financial statement forecasts
- System reporting and analysis
Monitor business changes and recommend and capture revised department forecasts updates as appropriate based on material changes.
- Develops and maintains Labour Relations negotiation costing model
Conducts research and analysis for collective bargaining agreements and other similar agreements made during negotiations
- Responsible for the financial component of the Company’s Annual Business Plan
- Participate in financial planning and modeling through the forecast, budget and strategic planning processes
Support the organization by following different projects involving Supply Chain
- Apply corporate financial and procurement processes, championing processes with internal clients
Develop system schedules that appropriate reflect month-end accounting calculations
- Provide line guidance to processes used to support accounts payable, disbursement and accounts receivable transactions
- Input necessary transactional data including invoices, customer billings, journal entries required for accurate reporting under US GAAP standards
- Coordinate end-to-end supply chain activities, including planning and implementation, acting as primary point of contact in collaboration with supply chain stakeholders
- Develop appropriate governance required by the business
- Submit CRA, Statistics Canada, or other regulatory body information requests and maintain record of input as appropriate
- Post-Secondary Education in a Finance, Accounting or Business Administration related field
- CPA designation, or in process
- 3+ years’ experience in financial management
- Excellent excel skills
- ERP experience
- Advanced analytical skills and attention to detail
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
PowerON appreciates all applicants, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.