Manager, Investments and Commercial Management
PowerON is a leading provider of Transit and Commercial Fleet Electrification Solutions in North America. PowerON supports large-scale electrification projects by providing turnkey solutions encompassing all electrical infrastructure from the electricity grid connection to vehicle chargers, including:
- EV planning and Roadmap advisory
- Infrastructure delivery and project management
- Operations and maintenance
- On-site generation, battery storage and back-up power
- Smart charging and energy management
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, Manager, Investments and Commercial Management will be a key team member leading investment review and development, structuring and management of long term commercial contracts with customers and suppliers. This role has the responsibility to manage the full commercial lifecycle of opportunities including developing the financial models, structuring and negotiating customer and supplier contracts and manage various financial and commercial matters as it relates to the contracts.
- Lead the formulation, negotiation, legal review and execution of commercial contracts and agreements with customers and subcontractors
- Lead the review and development of financial models for proposals and investments
- Review tender documents and contracts with Sales, Project Groups and Legal to ensure that pricing, plans, specifications, scope and terms & conditions are accurately written in the final documentation
- Maintain financial models and manage financial and commercial aspects of contracts to forecast out P&L for the finance and accounting teams
- Monitor compliance with contractual obligations and identifying potential contract changes or deviations.
- Identify and analyze potential commercial risks and liabilities associated with the project.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders regarding commercial contracting.
- Formulate self-consistent and commercially sound terms and conditions for proposals, tenders and bids.
- Watch for new and different ways to save the company costs and gain a competitive edge over competing companies
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or Law
- MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in corporate investment review, commercial management, contract structuring and negotiation
- Formal training in contract law or contract administration is an asset.
- Experience in investment firms and financial modelling is an asset
- Thorough understanding of EV industry and various players
- Proven track record in commercial structuring and contract negotiation.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
PowerON appreciates all applicants, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.