Manager, Partnerships and Sales
PowerON is a leading provider of Transit and Commercial Fleet Electrification Solutions in North America. PowerON supports large-scale electrification projects by providing turnkey solutions encompassing all electrical infrastructure from the electricity grid connection to vehicle chargers, including:
- EV planning and Roadmap advisory
- Infrastructure delivery and project management
- Operations and maintenance
- On-site generation, battery storage and back-up power
- Smart charging and energy management
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Manager, Partnerships and Sales will be a key team member leading the management of outreach, communications, and relationships with customers and potential partners. This role will develop strategic channel partnerships with various vehicle and equipment companies and financial partners that will help grow PowerON’s business within transit agencies and commercial fleet customers in North America. This role has the responsibility to manage the full lifecycle of opportunities and partnerships from initial contact to commercial structuring, contracting and execution.
- Seek out and build new channel partnerships establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel in order to meet partner performance expectations.
- Proactively lead a channel partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Manages potential partner conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally.
- Identify marketing opportunities for campaigns, services, and channels that will lead to increased sales
- Manage sales, and progress potential sales, including responding to request for proposals and development of unsolicited proposals and models.
- Make recommendations on growth opportunities for the business by conducting technical, financial and commercial analyses of potential opportunities.
- Oversee the preparation of early contract documents such as Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Intent, Term Sheets etc.
- Negotiate contracts and commercial arrangements for new business and mitigates risks related to agreements, contracts, and commercial developments.
- Work with project management, operations and other internal groups and external advisors to develop project estimates based on prescribed level of accuracy.
- Stay abreast of new technologies in the electrification space and provide external thought leadership by attending and participating in conferences and forums.
- Work with investment review, finance and treasury to determine program financial viability, plan and deployment of the appropriate metrics (Regulatory, Rates, financial structuring etc.) to measure success.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance or Law
- MBA is preferred
- 10+ years of experience and involvement in business development, commercial management, support services and contracting.
- Thorough understanding of EV industry, experience in an auto or charger OEM or leasing company is an asset
- Experience establishing and growing Manufacturing/OEM channel partnerships
- Demonstrated experience in business development lead role implementing sales cycle involving multiple customers.
- Proven track record in commercial structuring and contract negotiation.
- Experience using sales solution-based platforms and general software applications.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
PowerON appreciates all applicants, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.