Project Developer - Engineer
PowerON drives large-scale electrification projects by providing turnkey solutions encompassing all electrical infrastructure from the electricity grid connection to vehicle chargers, including:
- Infrastructure delivery and project management;
- Operations and maintenance;
- On-site generation, battery storage and back-up power; and,
- Smart charging and energy management.
Reporting to the Head of Project Development & Energy Markets, you will be part of a team developing energy solutions for large business and institutional customers including electric vehicle charging, battery storage, solar PV and power generation. Your work will help unlock the full potential of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure, driving the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Develop project concept designs that maximize value for clients and support PowerON’s commercial objectives.
- Collaborate with Business Development to identify and understand client needs.
- Propose early-stage project concept designs, including preliminary costing.
- Lead the development of projects to a construction-ready state.
- Develop and maintain project requirements, ensuring delivery of performant highly complex projects.
- Manage third-party contractors to ensure alignment throughout early development.
- Lead technical design and perform technical review of project design, analysis, and reporting.
- Identify risks and suggest strategies to proactively overcome challenges.
- Be the subject matter expert on new technologies and evolving policies in the electrification and EV charging space.
- Assist in investigating growth opportunities by conducting technical, financial, and commercial analyses of potential opportunities.
- Optimize internal processes to improve efficiency.
- Other duties as required.
- University Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in project development, project management, commercial operations, or strategic development.
- Self-initiated and intellectually curious, with a strong interest in electrification.
- Strong technical knowledge of EV charging, battery storage, and ancillary electrical equipment.
- Enjoys interacting and collaborating with clients, vendors, and diverse teams.
- Strong business acumen to develop profitable projects, conceptualize new business opportunities, and contribute to PowerON’s business strategy.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
PowerON appreciates all applicants, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.