Project Developer - Systems
PowerON drives the development of large-scale electrification projects by providing turnkey solutions encompassing all electrical infrastructure from the electricity grid connection to vehicle chargers, including:
- Infrastructure delivery and project management;
- Operations and maintenance;
- On-site generation, battery storage and back-up power; and,
- Smart charging and energy management.
Reporting to the Head of Project Development & Energy Markets, you will be part of a team developing energy solutions for large business and institutional customers including electric vehicle charging, battery storage, solar PV and power generation. Your work will help unlock the full potential of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure, driving the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Ensure the effective integration and interoperability of systems required to deliver performance throughout PowerON’s portfolio of highly complex projects.
- Collaborate with Business Development to identify and understand client needs and translate into early-stage project concepts.
- Develop and maintain end-to-end project requirements related to systems integration.
- Drive technical review of project design, analysis, and reporting.
- Engage in software and hardware product development, designing and evaluating creative solutions to deliver fit-for-purpose systems in line with product vision and business needs.
- Work closely with software providers throughout the development, implementation, testing, and performance monitoring of software for electrification projects.
- Support investigation of growth opportunities by informing technical, financial, and commercial analyses of potential opportunities.
- Be the subject matter expert in systems integration for all major electrification projects.
- Identify risks and suggest strategies to proactively overcome challenges.
- Optimize internal processes to improve efficiency.
- Other duties as required.
- University Degree in Engineering or related field. A focus on Systems or Computer preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in project development, commercial operations, and/or strategic development preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following SCADA platforms an asset: Wonderware, Kepware, Ignition.
- Self-initiated and intellectually curious, with a powerful interest in electrification and innovation.
- Extensive experience with development and operation of one or more of the following: EV charging, behind-the-meter distributed energy resources, energy storage and energy management systems.
- Excellent communication skills to support interaction with clients, vendors and with diverse teams.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
PowerON appreciates all applicants, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.