PowerON drives the development of large-scale electrification projects by providing turnkey solutions encompassing all electrical infrastructure from the electricity grid connection to vehicle chargers, including:
- Infrastructure delivery and project management;
- Operations and maintenance;
- On-site generation, battery storage and back-up power; and,
- Smart charging and energy management.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management & Asset Management, the Project Lead will be part of a team developing energy solutions for large business and institutional customers including electric vehicle charging, battery storage, solar PV and power generation. Your work will help unlock the full potential of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure, driving the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Project management activities from conception through to operations including front-end planning and project controls in accordance with Project Management governance.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Ensure compliance with commercial and project management framework
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Follow project controls processes to manage changes in scope, schedule and costs
- Track and report on project performance, status, schedules, and budgets
- Support project conception and assist in investigation of growth opportunities that maximizes value for clients
- Assist the Project Development team in the maintenance of project requirements, supporting delivery of performant highly complex projects
- Maintain relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain close liaison with field construction contractors and customer site representatives to ensure successful project execution during construction, commissioning, and project close-out.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and suggest strategies to proactively overcome challenges
- Visit various site locations, manufacturers, and suppliers as required
- University Degree in Engineering or related field
- PMP is an asset
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and/or project management
- Experience leading and overseeing construction site operations, system commissioning activities, and compliance with related health and safety and environmental regulations
- Technical knowledge of EV charging, battery storage and other electrical equipment
- Experience managing electrical projects involving, solar, batteries, generation, distribution or EV’s an asset
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.